Sunday, October 20, 2013

{ Pink Lemonade 2nd Birthday Party }

ELLA IS TWO!!!

Which meant time to plan an awesome birthday party :)

My sister and I go a tad overboard in the party planning department but we just can't help it! We love searching Pinterest for ideas and making decorations. We just enjoy doing something different and not the one stop party shop where everything matches. Our families think we are crazy but oh well. We love to see all our hard work all come together the day of the party. Yea Ella probably won't remember a thing but I will have great pictures to show her one day:)

We chose the lemonade theme because Ella LOVES lemons! I know I know it will rot her teeth away but she doesn't get it often. Whenever we eat out she will just about attack you to get the lemon from your drink. She has done this for a while now. We even started ordering our drinks without lemons just to end up with the waiter bring a bowl of lemons to our table just in case we changed our mind. Ella about jumped that waiter lol.

Anyways we started off with that idea and begin to search Pinterest and Etsy. We were surprised to find so many other pink lemonade parties! After last year's party and buying all the decor off Etsy we asked for a Silhouette machine for Christmas from our parents. It was a lifesaver this year! If you like to make stuff you NEED this machine! We made everything this time and saved some $$ in the process.

First we knew we had to have a little lemonade stand. My wonderful husband actually made it. It looked great in her 2 year pictures! My crafty mother in law made her outfit for her pictures and party. I loved them! My sister took her 2 year pictures and they turned out great!

For the invites I searched Etsy for something with chevron and lemons. I found the perfect one from AbbyReeseDesign. Then I uploaded it to Vistaprint and ordered it there. I always get the Vistaprint coupon when it is offered on Groupon. Here is the final product! I love the way they turned out! They also had a photo on the back.


Finally the day of the party came and it was a HOT one! There was nothing October about it! You would of thought it was July. We had the party at our church's picnic shed which has a playground next to it. Ella loves to slide!


The Shed transformed to a lemonade paradise!

For the table arrangements we alternated mason jars filled with fresh flowers and tin cans with pinwheels. The mason jars we painted either yellow or pink. The pinwheels I made with a variety of scrapbook paper in pink, yellow and green on the Silhouette! The lemon placemats I found on clearance at Joann's!


For the food we grilled hotdogs with a side of fruit and chips. For the drinks we had a pink sparkly lemonade which turned out more red and a pineapple lemonade drink. Perfect drinks for the hot fall day! I'm not quite sure how many cups Ella ended up drinking! We used mini chalkboards to label the food even though the guys made fun of us for labeling the obvious.

I got the yellow and pink chevron straws off Very Jane then hot glued the little pennants. I may of lost some fingerprints over this one. One side said Happy Birthday and the other Ella is 2!


For the cupcakes I did half lemonade flavored and the other vanilla with buttercream frosting. The lemonade cupcakes were to resemble a glass of lemonade with a candy lemon on the side and half a straw. It was too funny to see all the little ones try to drink out of the straw! The cupcakes came from Cupcake Creations! I probably gained 5 pounds in all that I consumed! The chevron spoons also came from Very Jane and I was so disappointed that I didn't even have any food to eat with a spoon :(

HMM..How do we eat these?

MESS! MESS!MESS!



For favors we did a candy bar with pink chocolate kettle corn, pink lemonade suckers, lemonade Nerds, and cherry pretzels. I got the chevron bags off Very Jane and made the lemon sticker to seal the bags.

Ella's present section. I was proud of the wreath I made! :)


She couldn't decide what to play with first when we got home! She got so many cool presents! Thank you everybody!

Ella's cute little friends! She hugged each friend after opening their gift :) Precious!


Play Time!




Bounce house fun! We had to drag her out of this!


After months of planning, I feel like the party went great! Ella had a blast! When we are at church, she points to the shed and says. "Party! Wheee!". Thank you to all our family and friends that came out and celebrated Ella's 2nd birthday! 

Now what to do for next year.......HAHA!












No comments:

Post a Comment